Searching on Google only 6% of users visit the second page of hits. This means that if your site/blog does not rank among hits on the first page, visitors probably won’t find your page through Google.
Google plays by the principle to offer the visitor the content they are looking for: good search results = satisfied user = good website – probably higher ranking.
If you have a blog or website, then you probably already know what SEO is. For those who don’t know what SEO is … SEO = “Search Engine Optimization” or in other words website optimization for search engines (eg Google).
If you don’t like SEO or don’t feel like bothering with this, and you just want to fast improve your SEO optimization, in this post you can find a lot of useful information.
But – this is just basic of SEO. SEO optimization is not one time job and for results to show it can take some time. In any case, you can do a lot of SEO optimization right now.
1 | Basic of SEO optimization
Good content is the most important one. Here are some tips how to improve SEO for your blog or website:
- Write easy-to-read text
- Create content primarily for your users, not search engines
- Use keywords, add description, add descriptive title…
- Use the tags (eg h1, h2, p, a..)
- Optimize photos (add all necessary descriptions)
- The structure of the URL should be short and include words
- Use mostly text for navigation and create a naturally flowing hierarchy
You may also be interested in:
2 | Get your content on Google
You can submit new website to Google – here.
3 | Webmaster Tools
The Webmaster Tool is another great Googles tool. You can add sitemap and use fetch as Google to test how Google is crawling and indexing your site.
4 | Promotions
- Promote your website in the right ways
- Know about social media sites
- Reach out to those in your site’s related community
This is just some basic information about what you can do to get better SEO optimization. How do you boost SEO for your site?