This dessert I remember from my childhood prepared by a neighbour. It was so delicious but considered to be quite difficult to make. However, it is not so difficult, it need just a bit more time. With this recipe, you will create 2-3 rolls.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 10 eggs
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 10 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2-3 wafers
Ingredients for the cream:
- 2 vanilla pudding
- 1-liter milk
- sugar according to the instructions for cooking pudding
- 200 g of butter at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons powdered
- 2 tablespoons rum
Directions for the preparation of light and dark cake:
- Mix sugar, egg yolks, and water until creamy mixture.
- Stir in flour and baking powder until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and gently add them to the mixture.
- Half the mixture pure into the pan and bake at 200 °C 20-25 min for 20 to 22 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and tests done.
- To the remaining mixture slightly add cocoa and also bake at 200 °C 20-25 min for 20 to 22 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and tests done.
- Cool down the cake. Cut the cake into long strips about 1 cm thick.
- Wafers turn in a damp cloth and let them a few minutes to soften.
Directions for the preparation of the cream:
- Cook the pudding according to directions on the bag and leave to cool completely.
- Mix butter and add rum, powdered sugar and cold pudding.
For directions on how to construct a chessboard, I have prepared this mini video: