For breakfast I often eat Granola. Why? Because it is delicious, healthy, always at hand and quickly ready.
Ingredients vary according to what I have at home and what I want to have in granola, but basically I use:
- 3.3 cups of Rolled Oats
- 100g Almonds
- 100g Cashews
- 100g Cranberries
- 2-3 handfuls of Goji Berries
- 100g Puffed Rice
- 75g Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 200g of Honey
- Place the honey and vanilla in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the oats, almonds, cashews, puffed rice and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl and stir to combine. Pour over the honey mixture and mix until the oats are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes, after every 10 minutes stir and continue baking until the granola is very light golden brown.
- To the cooled granola add the Cranberries and Goji Berries and toss to combine.
- Store in an airtight container.
You can eat it with milk, yogurt or use it in desserts.
This recipe is a modified version of Gordon Ramsay.