Mini Apple Pies
I love this mini apple pies because you can easily change ingredients and made them with other fillings. Aren’t they so cute? They are great for celebrations like a birthday because they are simple to eat, yummy and cute. 🙂
Ingredients for crust:
- 300 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g chilled butter
- 25 g sugar
- 1dl salt
Ingredients for Filling:
- 0,5 kg peeled and chopped up into small pieces apples
- 0,5 lemon juice
- 100 g sugar
- 0,5 teaspoon cinnamon
- 50 g chopped almonds
- 100 g apricot jam
- powder sugar (optional)
- Flour, baking powder, butter, sugar, salt and milk combine into a nice crust.
- Wrap it into a transparent foil and let it for about one hour.
- Meanwhile, you can prepare the filling. In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the filling: apples, juice of half a lemon, sugar, cinnamon and almonds.
- Now the fun part with the crust! Roll out on lightly floured surface until about 5 mm thick. Cut 12 circles with cup or bowl.
- Press each circle in muffin tins to form little bowls..
- Fill the muffin bowls with prepared filling.
- From crust cut thin pieces to decorate pies.
- Bake at 200 °C for 30 minutes.
- Heat up the Jam and mix it with one tablespoon water. Spill it on baked pies (not on the crust).
- If you used muffins papers then remove them from hot pies. Top with powder sugar