Today, I will talk more about switching Instagram profile to business or not. Switching to business has been available for quite some time now, but I still get quite a few questions, whether to switch it to business or not. That’s why I decided to give some more information if you should switch to an Instagram business profile or not.
I have also made a video (in Slovene only):
Why do you even want to switch to business profile?
Because of the additional functionality you get with a business profile:
- Instagram Insights (for example, which post works better than others, number of views on stories, some information about your followers …).
- Additional contact buttons.
- Promoting posts.
- In the “Instagram Stories” you can add a link (for those who have more than 10,000 folowers) – the user can get to a link while watching the stories with a swipe up, which can be really useful and convenient for users who are interested your content.
- Manage via Facebook Manager , which can be very useful for anyone with a large number of comments and with the Maneger you can respond to comments, follow which comments are already answered …
How to switch to a business?
Switching to business is quite easy. First click on your profile and then the settings:
Choose “Switch to Business Profile”
Connect to the Facebook page (for Instagram Business you need a Facebook page):
Should You Switch to an Instagram Business Profile?
Switching to a business profile or not depends on each individual person. The business profile also has a few negative things. Before you decide, try to answer this question:
- how do you want to introduce yourself on Instagram – as person or company?
- Do you need contact button?
- Do you need Instagram Insights?
- What about links in Instagram Stories?
- Is it ok for you: Facebook, which owns Instagram, made it clear that it prefers posts from friends before company posts, which means that now that there is no chronological feed on Instagram, it is very likely that with a business profile (without additional promotion) you reach fewer people.
How to decide?
The easiest way to decide is to consider what is more important for you and for your business (if you own one). You can try it and then switch back. Think about your business, who your customers are.
Instagram Insights can be replaced by other applications, such as:
– Union Metrics
For me, the business profile doesn’t have enough benefits to switch it, and at the same time, I dot want to be presented as a company. That’s why I stay on the usual profile.
That’s all for today, I hope this post answered you some question and helped you decide how to decide. 🙂 If you have any further questions or want to share your opinion, please do so in a comment below.
Have a wonderful day and hope to see you (read) the next time!
p.s. today I have also sent new template for planning blog post in August, if you don’t know what I talking about, you should check this post.